Welcome to StrengthForum.com. Please bear with us as we launch. You can register here and start using the boards immediately
Drstar

Safety Squat Bar

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:19 pm

Hiya.

I'm looking into getting a safety squat bar for my home gym. Does anyone have any recommendations for one? Pros and cons of the SSB?

Not looking to spend too much on it, but I want something thats a bit decent.

barch
Site Admin

Re: Safety Squat Bar

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:21 pm

@Drstar the safety squat bar is a very useful tool in the gym. It's a shame more gyms don't have them. I don't live near a commercial gym so I went out and purchased my own safety squat bar.

Like most fitness equipment there are low and high-quality bars at low and high price points. If you're looking to completely replace the standard Olympic squat for the SSB then I would probably recommend something from EliteFTS or Rogue. You'll end up spending about three to five hundred dollars.

I got my SSB from Fitness Avenue which is a pretty generic fitness equipment store but it was < $200 CAD delivered to my house. So far it's doing a pretty good job and it's rated for 1000lbs.

I enjoy using the SSB because I have pretty poor shoulder mobility and it allows me to switch it up on days when I'm not feeling the standard squat.
Building the best you - StrengthForum.com

Return to “Home Gym & Equipment”