Welcome to StrengthForum.com. Please bear with us as we launch. You can register here and start using the boards immediately
xherbivorex

What's your conditioning workout look like?

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 am

I want to up my conditioning game. I've only been doing farmers' walks and tire flips. Any suggestions on what else I can do so I don't get too bored?

barch
Site Admin

Re: What's your conditioning workout look like?

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 pm

@xherbivorex Farmers' walks and tire flips are all good, but yes, they can get boring. Do you have access to a weight vest? I find that going on a brisk hike (through trails and such) with a vest on gives me a killer workout. Kettlebell exercises such as swings and cleans are a really good workout, too.

If money isn't that much of a concern I would also look into buying a Prowler sled. Depending on where you purchase it from it can be pretty expensive, though.

I can post some links to some sleds when I'm back on later.
Building the best you - StrengthForum.com

xherbivorex

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 pm

@barch Thanks for the response. I have limited space so I'm not sure a prowler would work, but if you have some links I would still check them out!

barch
Site Admin

Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:18 am

I've heard good things about Fringe Sports Equipment. And they have a Prowler for $159 USD with free shipping. I would definitely look into that.

Other than that, the usual players such as Rogue and EliteFTS will have high quality but expensive sleds and Prowlers as well.

You could also turn one of those tires you have into a sled to pull around. That's what I do and it works great for conditioning legs and it gets your lungs moving.
Building the best you - StrengthForum.com

Drstar

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:34 pm

I am currently running a 3 days split program, so I do conditioning on in between days and have one day of rest. I'm with @barch on weighted vest exercises. We have some really nice rugged trails where I live so doing a half hour or so on those will more than suffice for maintaining muscle while giving your heart a good pump.

Return to “Conditioning & Recovery”